Monday, June 4, 2012

Bear Sprayed!

I bear sprayed myself by accident. Hahaha. I was hiking the  trail to the tea house at Lake Louise with my newly purchased Bear Spray strapped to by belt. As I was climbing a rock I pressed the canister with my knee, spraying pepper fumes all over. The canister comes with a safety plastic that was not on at the time. All I heard was a whooossshh and next thing I know, this orange substance had been tainted all on my clothing. I had to finish the hike all the way to the Lower Beehive point, which by the way has an excellent view of the lake below.




Afterwards I had to throw away my cargo pants, hoodie, camera case, and even my backpack, because they were all contaminated with the spray and that stuff is really tough to wash off. It got in contact with my knee and it made my skin red with a burning sensation.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! Glad you didn't get it into your eyes though. Sounds like you are having a great trip though. So jealous!

    ReplyDelete