Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Last Frontier

Woke up in Tombstone and immediately headed south back to Dawson City to fuel up and clean up. Klondike Highway ends and you need to get on the ferry to the other side of the Yukon River, where Top of the Word Highway begins. The Top of the World Highway is a very scenic winding road, which turns very rough at times, especially once you cross the border into the United States. All the way from Poker Creek (the most northerly land border in the US) until Chicken, Alaska, the road is unpaved, dirt and rough.





At last, after 56 days and 8,290 miles (13,341 km) of driving since my departure in Stamford, CT, I have arrived at my destination, The Last Frontier, the biggest state in the US (twice the size of Texas), the land of the midnight sun, glaciers and northern lights, Alaska.





Thank you to all those that supported me and helped me along the way. To all of those whom I've met on the road, I wish you safe travels. To all of those who have not yet begun the remarkable journey, I hope this blog gives you the inspiration and courage to begin your life-changing adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment